Too sick to ‘mom’ today
“Too sick to ‘mom’ today….said no mom ever!!! Although I’m sure every single mom out there wishes that they could call in sick just for one day….I have a bad case of bronchitis…It started last weekend and just doesn’t want to go….I’m on antibiotics and loads of other medication. Thank Goodness I have an amazing husband that took care of baby since I got sick as well as a sweet sister who came to baby sit all morning so that I could rest…However baby somehow senses that something is wrong and wants to be in my arms all the time which makes things very difficult as I don’t want to pass it on to her. To make matters worse she doesn’t want to drink my expressed milk…Not sure if the medication altered the taste but she hardly drank all day so I had to do “the worst thing ever” I sent hubby to buy some formula because I don’t want her to get dehydrated… I hope I don’t have to use it as it has been an incredibly difficult breastfeeding journey and I don’t want to ruin it. It’s so difficult to find suitable medication while pregnant or breastfeeding so here is a list of home remedies that has helped alleviate some of my symptoms:
- Boiled water with honey and lemon eases my sore throat…adding some cinnamon makes it taste better.
- Pharalex which is a herbal throat spray.
- Steaming with Friar’s balsam helps with the nasty cough.
- Adding Eucalyptus oil to the humidifier.
- Having raw garlic (yuck but apparently it fights of viruses)
- Loads of rest (aaaah who am I kidding…I’m a mom)
- Having lots of water and black tea (cutting out dairy helps to reduce phlegm)